Keep in mind the following things:
- IRC is not a right
- IRC is not a democracy
- OFTC is run by a set of volunteers who are governed by a guiding document.
The network policy is purposefully vague and ambiguous as to provide us comfortable working room:
- Users may create and join any channel providing they fit within the rest of this policy
- Nickname and Channel registration is first come first serve, however there is a drop policy
- Off topic channels should be +s.
- Off topic channels are those not related to the development/use of free and open source software.
- Off-topic channels are allowed on the basis that they do not cause disruption to other network users and get minimal attention from OFTC staff
- Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and offenders will be removed from the network without warning
- Channel disputes are the channel’s problem, network staff will not get
- However a badly behaving user may quickly escalate to a network issue if they are subverting the ability for channel operators to maintain order.